Burnaby, British Columbia – May 14, 2014 – LED Imaging, a new division of LED Dental Ltd. (“LED Dental”), a wholly owned U.S. operating subsidiary of LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. (“LED Medical” or “the Company”), today introduced its new digital radiography intraoral sensor, the LED IS100. The sensor will be available for demo and sale at the California Dental Association – South (“CDA – South”) Meeting being held Thursday, May 15, through Saturday, May 17, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. The LED IS100 intraoral sensor is the third product to be added to LED Imaging’s portfolio since the launch of the division on April 2, 2014.
Designed with simplicity and versatility in mind, the LED IS100 intraoral sensor is a replacement for traditional dental film as it captures intraoral images of the teeth and supporting bone structures. The sensor boasts a number of product features that support practice needs, including:
- High-definition image resolution: With greater than 20 line pairs per millimeter spatial resolution, the LED IS100 provides practitioners with the high-quality images they need to make accurate diagnoses. With 16,384 shades of gray (14 bits), the images are crisp, clear, bright and contrasted.
- Direct USB plug-in: The LED IS100 plugs directly into any computer via a direct USB connection, eliminating the need for an inline controller, dock or hub. The sensor can easily be moved from one operatory to the next, which is ideal for multi-chair practices.
- Durable construction: Hermetically sealed casing ensures the intraoral sensor is waterproof and can easily withstand the process of disinfecting by submersion. Additionally, the LED IS100 includes a CMOS chip, fiber optics, scintillator and a shock absorption system.
- Ergonomic design: LED Imaging’s intraoral sensor is designed with both practitioners and patients in mind; the slim casing and rounded edges allow for faster, easier and more comfortable patient positioning.
- Diagnostic flexibility: The LED IS100 is available in two sizes to suit diagnostic needs, such as retroalveolar, posterior, bitewing and other necessary images. It can be used in endodontics, periodontics, prosthetic surgery and implants, as well as for cavity diagnosis. Plus, the sensor features an automatic wake-up system, so there are fewer steps required for the sensor to capture an image.
- Open-architecture workflow: The LED IS100 features an open-architecture design for streamlined integration with third-party software and imaging solutions. The intraoral sensor can be implemented into a practice seamlessly, further streamlining workflow.
“We’re really excited about the newest addition to the LED Imaging family, the LED IS100 intraoral sensor,” said Dr. Jeffrey Brooks, vice president of imaging for LED Imaging. “Digital radiography has been a game changer in dental practices because of the time and cost savings for all involved, so we wanted to give dental practitioners a product that would provide excellent quality day in and day out.”
Also at the CDA – South Meeting, LED Imaging will have the RAYSCAN α – Expert digital imaging system and LED Imaging Software available for demo and sale. The RAYSCAN α – Expert, developed by Ray Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Samsung, was launched on April 3, 2014, as LED Imaging’s premier digital imaging product. The unit offers 3D cone beam computed tomography (CBCT), panoramic and cephalometric imaging capabilities to quickly capture high-quality, 16-bit DICOM images at a low radiation dose.
LED Imaging Software was first introduced at the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) Annual Session in late April 2014. The software captures, enhances and displays dental images from a variety of digital products, including digital imaging systems, such as digital radiography intraoral sensors, intraoral cameras and extraoral cameras. While the RAYSCAN α – Expert and LED IS100 work seamlessly with LED Imaging Software, the software is designed with true open-architecture, allowing integration with any practice management system and compatibility with imaging products from a variety of manufacturers. Additionally, the software acts as a front office tool by enabling users to duplicate films, create referral letters and treatment plans, and electronically transfer images to insurance companies and other doctors.
CDA – South Meeting attendees are encouraged to visit LED Imaging’s booth number 2534, to demo the LED IS100, the RAYSCAN α – Expert and LED Imaging Software. To learn more about LED Imaging and the LED IS100, call 844.952.7327 or visit www.leddental.com/LED-IS100.
About LED Dental
LED Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. Founded by the creator of the award-winning VELscope® tissue fluorescence visualization technology, LED Dental now also features the LED Imaging division that provides dentists and oral health specialists with advanced diagnostic imaging products and software. Backed by an experienced leadership team dedicated to a higher level of service and support, LED Dental products seamlessly integrate into dental practices. The company is committed to providing dental practitioners with the best technology available by identifying and adding strong products to its growing portfolio. For more information, call 888.541.4614 or visit www.leddental.com.
About LED Medical Diagnostics Inc.
Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. is a leading developer of LED-based visualization technologies for the medical industry. The company designs and manufactures the VELscope® Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment System, the first system in the world to apply tissue fluorescence visualization technology to the oral cavity. Available through major dental supply distributors, the VELscope® Vx is used to conduct more screenings for oral cancer and other oral diseases than any other adjunctive device. LED Medical Diagnostics is currently listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX-V) under the symbol “LMD,” the OTCQX under the symbol “LEDIF,” as well as the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol “LME.” For more information, visit www.ledmd.com.